At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The ITO Credit Middle Office (“ITO Credit MO”) is primarily responsible for ensuring accurate and timely data capture, processing and administration of financing activities, namely for the timely set-up of new or refinancing transactions and for annual reviews. In addition, the ITO Credit MO is responsible for ensuring regulatory and operational controls of Client and ensuring that Financing data are in place and adhered to.
The candidate we are looking for will be in direct contact with the sales force as their main resource for all the other departments of the Bank, especially for new transactions and refinancing deals which must be executed flawlessly in a timely manner.
Strong of its experience in corporate banking, the candidate will occupy a position requiring a transversal approach with the different units at the bank. This privileged position is requiring a vast understanding of banking activities as well as high communication skills and strong capacity at understanding the needs of each unit. Diplomacy is one of its strength.
Through proactive monitoring of the status and risks of ongoing deals:
- Ensure all the documentation process and file content from the origination to the closing for a new deal (and ensure proactively the update when renewals).
- Interact with the front officer for new and amended financings, and communicate and coordinate with various internal stakeholders, lenders, and clients as needed to resolve any issues that arise.
- Proactively seek completion of all files through ensuring that all the proper documentation is received (FC1, Credit Approval, Métier Support Memo, etc…) for the creation of the client in the Bank’s systems;
- Extract pertinent data information from legal documentation (i.e., Credit and other Agreements/Contracts), and credit approval for input into the bank’s internal tracking systems and continued end-to-end deal monitoring.
- Ensure the terms of the financing are in accordance with conditions stipulated by internal credit committee(s).
- Review facility collateral/guarantee and covenant compliance data and subsequent activity to ensure conformity to internal and external support documentation as well as update applicable systems/spreadsheets/document repository.
- Extract names and addresses from financing documents; i.e. Key Stakeholders & Other Parties, and input into the Bank’s compliance tracking system used to perform screenings, per sanction and regulatory guidelines.
- Execute pre-onboarding controls(FiSaC checklist, IFRS9).
- Monitor next event dates and provide follow-up on past due items.
- Perform review of facility data and resolve inconsistencies noted in reconciliation and exception reports.
- Provide assistance for irregular issues and internal requests.
- Production of closing and associated funding notices to borrowers and lenders.
- Disbursement of payments associated with the closings as instructed in closing documentation.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BS – Economics, Finance or other related field of study
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience, in Corporate Banking prefered
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual : English and French
- Ability to comprehend and extract pertinent credit and financing data from legal and internal documents
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks, work under time pressure constraints and to take ownership for the completion of tasks.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with unforeseen circumstances while maintaining compliance with established policies and controls.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site – please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montréal
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Job: OPERATION PROCESSING
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: At least 3 years