About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Operations Americas, supports the business via eight units; Control & Regulatory Oversight, Product Control, Trade Processing, Loans and Trade Finance Operations, Credit Middle Office, Trade and Treasury Solutions Middle Office, Collateral Management and Treasury Liquidity & Forecasting Management. The Control unit manages and mitigates credit risk and operational risk across several axes with continual review, enhancement and deployment of operational and risk controls to ensure adherence to the evolving regulatory environment, firm policies and procedures, and industry best practice.
The Transversal Services and Control is a part of the Control & Regulatory Oversight function. This team’s scope is lending activities. The Legal Documentation and Covenant Control Team is part of it. The Responsibilities of the Legal Documentation and Covenant Control Team includes, but is not limited to:
Reporting and Controls:
- Monitor and follow-up of Daily Exception Reports- including but not limited to: Excess, Expired and Pending Facility validation.
- Take appropriate actions in cooperation with data owners to resolve the bank’s core source/systems issues impacting risk data quality.
- Record and monitor Commitment Letters.
- Perform periodic controls and appropriate escalation/remediation follow-up of new, amended, and annual renewal of facilities and associated processes; such as, Covenant, Received Guarantee, and Legal Documentation, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reporting to the Regulatory Authorities (RAPID – Risk Asset Portfolio Information Database).
- Perform related tasks with respect to dissemination of system risk data to A2BMRC (worldwide database of credit risk) and the quarterly process/preparation of the Watchlist/Doubtful Debt Summary report to Head Office.
- Assess and perform daily and monthly attestion in ORUS application.
- Record decision minutes activity into A2/LCA module and with associated activity monitoring.
- Maintain strong communications and partnerships within ITO MO as well as Risk and business partners.
- Participate in cross training to improve knowledge, contributions and synergies between teams.
- Identify ways to improve and create process efficiencies
- Assist in the training of new team members
- Other duties assigned
SPECIAL PROJECTS AND REPORTING
- UAT testing as required
- Update daily tracking log for controls and KPI’s
- Special Projects as required
- Undergraduate degree – Business and Finance Degree and plus
- Preferably 1- 3 years in corporate banking
- Bilingualism required (French-English), written and spoken
- Strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Attention to detail, high degree of accuracy
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and Word
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment
- Sense of initiative
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks, work under time pressure constraints and to take ownership for the completion of tasks.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montréal
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Job: OPERATION PROCESSING
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: At least 3 years