During the course of the work term you agree that you will be working from a remote / home office location in Canada in accordance with any applicable RBC policy. You confirm that you have the capability to work from a remote / home location in Canada.
What is the opportunity?
RBC is hiring for an Analyst Summer Student in Cards, Payments & Banking (CPB) reporting into the Cards Portfolio Management Team. The candidate is responsible for supporting the strategic management of the Cards portfolio by solving business problems and developing and executing on strategies that drive growth and profitability. He/she will acquire and analyze data to identify business opportunities, and share insights with senior management. The primary area of focus will be on optimizing the overall campaign structure, escalation management and data needs for the team. In this role the candidate will collaborate with various Lines of Business (LOBs) partners across Personal and Commercial Banking platforms to help drive business results.
What will you do?
– Analyze profitability and response of historical upgrade campaigns to make recommendations for expansion and testing
– Help prepare client escalation playbook for advice center, client care and the business to reduce management time of one-off complaints
– Work with data partners to enhance visualization, data availability and automation for financial reporting needs
– Develop reports, using tools such as Tableau, required for CPB to meet business and financial imperatives
– Participate in meetings to gather and document business requirements
– Work in an agile settling supporting Kanban board updates, stand ups and meetings
– Help gather and translate business needs into requirements for project and initiative implementations and releases
What do you need to succeed?
– Working towards a degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
– Excellent MS Office Skill – i.e. PowerPoint, Excel
– Strong business acumen and analytical, communication and presentation skills
– Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to conceptualize strategy
– Attention to detail, organization, ability to multi task and time management is critical
– Excellent self-starter and initiative skill set
– Currently in 3rd year of current academic studies
– Relevant experience in financial reporting
– Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
– Ability to learn and absorb new concepts (in business and in systems) quickly and apply new knowledge
– Experience in financial services industry with broad understanding of banking products and services
– Familiarity with database and query language (e.g. SQL)
– Experience with Agile Tools such as Kanban boards
– Experience with digital collaboration tools such as MURAL
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual. In this role you will also:
– Work in a dynamic, agile, collaborative, progressive and high performing culture
– Have leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
– Gain insights to inform your career journey
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 88 Queens Quay W – 17th Flr
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Your Home Office
Employment Type: [[filter7]]
Career Level: Student Job
Application Deadline: 03/21/2021
Platform: Personal & Commercial Banking
Req ID: 333557