Royal Bank of Canada
What is the opportunity?
As an Analyst or Associate within RBC’s Resource Management group, you will bring your strong attention to detail, strong quantitative skills, advanced interpersonal and communication skills to the table as you build and maintain long-term relationships with clients and internal partners alike.
The Global Markets Resource Management Group is responsible for the analysis and management of metrics related to all Global Markets businesses, encompassing: Regulatory/Economic Capital, Balance Sheet/Leverage, Funding Sources and uses, as well as pricing and management of all XVAs related to the firm’s derivative trading.
The Primary key areas of focus for the Resource Management Group Analyst/Associate will be derivative compression activity and regulatory capital optimization but will include other considerations such as the monitoring/management of second order risks and provide assistance to the Global Markets businesses on the overall pricing of derivatives and resource consumption.
What will you do?
- Assist with the development, analysis and decomposition of RMG metrics for the Global Markets businesses.
- Pursue strategies to reduce RWA, Leverage, Margin and second order resource consumption within Global Markets.
- Assist with derivative compression activity within Global Markets.
- Assist sales and trading with derivative pricing as it relates to the cost of resource consumption and inherent secondary risks.
- Participate actively in strategic RMG project work and help develop processes and methodologies to improve efficiency.
- Monitoring and communication of metrics and trends (internal and external) related to portfolio.
- Develop and maintain current processes whilst recommending improvements and new controls mitigating operational risks while working closely with those across the business and functional groups.
What do you need to succeed?
- Completed a university undergraduate degree with focus on engineering, mathematics, economics or equivalent
- Superior communications skills, with ability to work well in a dynamic team environment
- Operational experience within Capital Markets
- Knowledge of XVA/all aspects of derivative pricing including related aspects of regulations (Basel III, etc.)
- Programming skills in Python, VBA, C++ or similar
Nice to have:
- Experience in Bloomberg or other trading floor systems
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Address: 200 Bay Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5+
Work Environment: Trading Floor
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: CM – Analyst
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/03/2021
Req ID: 294838