You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you’ll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Join KPMG’s Global Infrastructure Advisory practice and be part of a diverse team of over 50 professionals in Toronto and 100 professionals nationally, working across geographies and asset classes to support our clients in identifying, assessing and managing infrastructure investments.
As a member of the Infrastructure Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team, you’ll play a pivotal role in supporting our Canadian and global clients to respond to opportunities in the rapidly changing infrastructure markets. Our practice offers full investment lifecycle support to pension funds, private equity, and corporate clients in their transaction process for infrastructure assets. Our services include providing input on investment strategy, market research and opportunity sourcing, early identification of risk areas, coordination and execution of due diligence, financial model validation, and advice on purchase agreement negotiations to reduce risks and maximize returns. We continue to support our clients all the way through to closing the transaction and post-deal integration.
Beyond Canada, KPMG has a strong global presence in infrastructure markets around the world, and our Canadian team works closely with our colleagues in other countries to support major infrastructure investments in growing economic markets.
As an Analyst/Associate, Deal Advisory – Infrastructure M&A, you will have the opportunity to provide a range of M&A advisory and financial due diligence services on behalf of our pension fund, private equity, and corporate investor clients to help them drive value from their infrastructure investments, with a forward-thinking approach to deal planning and execution.
What you will do
Client Services – Support your engagement team in providing advise to pension funds, private equity, and corporate investor clients in a variety of areas, including:
- Prepare detailed market research and analysis relating to specific infrastructure assets and/or asset classes, geographies, or key client investments.
- Evaluate a company’s and/or asset’s historical financial and operational performance, including sustainability of earnings, cash flows, working capital cycles.
- Assess a company’s and/or asset’s balance sheet positions, including assets and liabilities, normalized working capital requirements, net debt, contractual commitments, and other obligations or contingencies.
- Understand a company’s and/or asset’s ownership structure, management control environment, key accounting policies, and audit results.
- Bridge and trend a company’s and/or asset’s historical financial results to forward-looking financial projections in the investment valuation model.
- Perform detailed reviews of the mechanics and assumptions of client’s investment valuation models.
- Identify and report on key issues, including performing the relevant financial analysis and interpreting the results.
- Participate with your engagement team in discussions with senior client executives, attorneys, and investors.
- Write detailed professional reports and other client deliverables.
- Establish credibility and develop relationships with current and prospective clients.
Business Development – Actively contribute to the growth and development of our business, including:
- Support in business development and strategic initiatives, both regionally and nationally.
- Assist in the development of proposals, presentations and pitch material to win new mandates.
- Enhance KPMG’s profile within the marketplace.
- Build long-term business relationships with client personnel through engagements and networking.
At times business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
- Degree and/or professional designation in commerce, finance, economics, accounting or related program.
- Financial and commercial acumen, with analytical skills.
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting principles.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to handle changing priorities.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right Excellence, we never stop learning and improving Courage, we think and act boldly Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected] .