At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in, and, why we’re committed to nurturing and investing in the future talent of our industry.
It’s more than a great career. It’s a bright future.
We’re hiring a team of Future Talent superstars – people like you! – to join our Actuarial team. In this role, you’ll get hands-on industry experience from experts in the field while participating and contributing to the team’s work and vision.
As an Analyst Actuarial intern you will learn to develop statistical and actuarial models for pricing our Personal and Commercial Lines insurance products.
You may be a good fit for this role if you :
- Have an excellent ability to adapt to change
- Can work in teams
- Can work independently and have a sense of responsibility
- Have a strong oral and written communication skills
- Can commit to quality service and customer satisfaction
When you step into this role, here is what you will accomplish :
- Contribute to the company’s innovation initiatives in machine learning, customer experience, usage-based insurance and climate change
- Support the company’s strategy by tracking the profitability and competitiveness of our insurance portfolios and helping to prepare an action plan for the coming years
- Use actuarial techniques to ensure that the Company has adequate loss reserves and reinsurance as well as a sufficient amount of capital to respond to various catastrophe scenarios
- Participate in initiatives with other departments like Underwriting, Marketing, Risk Management and Finance
You will also have the chance to :
- Visualize a career in insurance as you discover more about our exciting, evolving industry
- Build relationships and networks to support your professional growth and success
- Expand your skills through collaboration with and training from our experts
- Collaborate with colleagues on developmental projects and share your knowledge
These are the requirements to apply :
- Studying toward an undergraduate degree in Actuarial Sciences
- Interest in computer science, technology and innovation (an asset)
- Bilingualism (an asset)
Your career starts here. Apply today!
We can’t wait to learn more about you. When you complete your application, remember to include your resume and University/College transcript. We hire co-ops every semester (Winter, Summer and Fall)!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on January, 14th 2021.