Requisition ID: 90174
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we’re constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
As the Software Architect for Global Marketing Technology, you are the face of the Scotia Digital engineering organization within our team, and responsible for the global architecture of Global Marketing Technology’s systems that need to scale to support millions of digitally engaged Scotiabank customers across the globe.
You will collaborate with internal and external delivery teams to ensure that Scotia Digital’s systems are appropriately designed, while working side-by-side with leadership and industry practitioners to spread leaner digital approaches to architecture within the wider Scotiabank organization.
Is this role right for you?
• You will work with management to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
• You will collaborate with managers on technical skills of team members
• You will work with the technical leads and senior developers to facilitate the technical on-boarding and training of new hires including technical stack and software development
• You will identity skill gaps and/or quality gaps in technical team members and vendor partners
• You will identify gaps in tooling and platform quality and call out issues effectively
• You will continuously monitor the rapidly evolving technology market; assess, propose, and lead improvement opportunities using new technologies
• You will be accountable for the technical representation in business decisions
• You will be accountable to define, review and advocate for the best practices, frameworks, standards, and technologies within the team
• You will lead design discussions focused on scalability, observability, and operability of solutions
• You will instigate, assess, and drive opportunities for cost reduction via innovation on technology and process for Global Marketing Technology team
• You will actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• You will champion a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have a university degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- You have 3+ years hands-on experience architecting web-scale software solutions using Azure and/or GCP public clouds
- You have 3+ years hands-on experience architecting highly available software solutions using content distribution networks (Akamai or Cloudflare) and image/video optimization capabilities
- You have 3+ years hands-on experience architecting and designing REST-based API services using micro-services operational design pattern
- You have extensive experience in creating full stack solutions (Frontend and Backend)
- You have experience with cloud-based environments, continuous integration & continuous deployment tools such as Jenkins, Sonar Queue, etc.
- You have excellent working knowledge in cloud IP networking infrastructure concepts (e.g. firewalls, load balancers, web caches, DNS, network routers)
- You have expert level understanding of HTTP 1.1/2.0 protocols & up-to-date specifications
- You have 3+ years of experience working as part of an Agile DevOps team as a technical leader
- You have 3+ years of hands-on experience and consultation experience on public web site security
- You have excellent working knowledge in OAuth 2.0 and various REST-API security implementations and industry standard protocols
- You have hands-on working knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager is a plus
- You have an understanding of QUIC and HTTP 3.0 protocols is a plus
What’s in it for you?
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
• We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
• You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• We hire you for your talent – not just a job – so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
• Dress codes don’t apply here: being comfortable does
• Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
• Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
• A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
• Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.