Federation Caisses Desjardins
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
The Advisor, User Experience (UX) works with the DesignOps team to develop, maintain and improve Desjardins Group’s design system, which is used by the organization’s design, writing, translation and product management teams.
One of the Advisor’s responsibilities is to review, standardize and regulate interactive reusable models in the context of Desjardins platforms (Desjardins.com, AccèsD, etc.), centralized in the work of the Desjardins design system. The Advisor helps implement best practices in UX design for Desjardins Group, and actively participates in the governance and leadership of the Desjardins UX design community of practice. The Advisor takes on a leadership role with colleagues from different Desjardins Group departments.
The Advisor also documents the design and rules of use for design system components from an ergonomic point of view in detail, and ensures the maintenance, ongoing improvement and justification of decisions for the design system through efforts such as weekly meetings, presentations, business positioning and relaying information to their department.
Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields. Highly developed interpersonal skills are therefore essential. You work with a multidisciplinary team in a rapidly developing environment and therefore need to be open to change.
General Information on the Position
Business context – COVID-19
In the current situation, Desjardins Group has adjusted the employment contexts of some of its activities in order to protect employees and maintain business continuity. For the job in this posting, you will work from home. However, due to the uncertainty of the current situation, the conditions of employment for this job may change from teleworking to working at the office.
- Demonstrate leadership in multi-platform digital design within the department and lead communities of practice within Desjardins Group.
- Ensure that new developments and studio projects are aligned with the creative and artistic direction defined by the team.
- Present the changes and best practices of UX/UI/IxD design expertise to design communities of practice and management committees.
- Design prototypes, as required, to carry out tests at the UX Lab to improve the digital design system’s components.
- Monitor best practices, define and improve procedures, guides, and standards for user-centric analysis and design.
- Contribute to updating Desjardins Group’s digital design system documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to the design of ergonomic user interfaces in an evolving tree structure and to optimal navigation paths.
- Work closely with product owners (POs), UI designers, writers, translators and developers.
- Validate user requirements.
- Define user paths and the desired experience.
- Work closely with the UX Research team to test your solutions by creating interactive prototypes.
Other working conditions
- Access to a testing laboratory and a research team to help you develop your projects
- Our downtown location (business context – COVID-19)
- Our dynamic and multidisciplinary team
- Our flexible working hours and telecommuting
- Temporary work: scheduled to end on October 19, 2020
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Experience with Agile (an asset)
- Experience in a major organization (an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold full or partial NN/g or HFI certification (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of designing services
- Knowledge of online and mobile user research methods (user tests, survey and statistical analyses)
- Solid grasp of web and mobile constraints
- Thorough knowledge of responsive and native design concepts (iOS/Android)
- Knowledge of new trends in web technologies and graphic design
- Knowledge of accessibility concepts
- Advanced knowledge of Sketch (essential) and⁄or Adobe CC
- Knowledge of Abstract software
- Knowledge of interaction and motion design (an asset)
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Business insight, Complexity, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset, Trust, Vision and purpose
1050, Côte du Beaver Hall Montréal