Vancouver or Remote within Canada
PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo). Customers like IBM, Boeing, and Microsoft come to PDFTron not just for PDF functionality but to also realize their mobile and web strategies for document management/processing and more! We are a fast-growing company, and have secured a $95M strategic growth investment in 2019, which has made three acquisitions in the previous 12 months.
With over 20 years of document engineering, we are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the SDK of choice for thousands of companies world-wide within virtually all industry verticals, powering solutions used by millions of users. Our Xodo app has over 15M installs and the highest (4.7 Stars) rating among PDF productivity apps.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator and successful leader.
We are looking for talented software developers with a winning combination of passion, skills, experience and dedication to join our team and work on our existing code base as well as our next-generation products. As a software developer in our company, you will not just be involved in all aspects of the software development process, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, code processes and company direction. You will also be making heavy use of the latest & greatest technologies, so a craving for learning new things is a must.
- Work as part of the core C++ development team, implementing new features and improving existing functionality of our flagship PDFTron SDK.
- Engage in all stages of development from requirements gathering and analysis to high-level design, implementation, test and maintenance.
- Carry out research and prepare technical proposals and demonstrations for new projects.
- Assist and collaborate with other developers.
- A degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or equivalent.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ development.
- Excellent software design skills.
- 5+ years experience developing complex software projects and applications.
- Strong analysis and problem solving abilities.
- Experience with one or more development environments (Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working independently, and as part of a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge and/or interest in computer graphics, document formats (especially page description languages such as PDF, SVG, XPS, PostScript), image compression technologies, and AI.
- Familiarity with advanced algorithms related to raster and vector image processing.
- Flexible and with experience working as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- Thirst for knowledge, with a strong initiative and drive to go above and beyond.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A generous extended benefits package and stock option grant.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous environment.
- Bi-weekly lunches and monthly socials (virtual for now).
- Unlimited personal development budget so you can master your craft.
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.
- Work remotely anywhere in Canada or in our convenient office location in downtown Vancouver, your choice!
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping PDFTron deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Thank you for your interest in PDFTron.