Government of British Columbia
Sr Quality Improvement Analyst
Administrative Officer R24 Amendment January 19th, 2021: Posting closing date extended to January 26th, 2021.
There are currently 2 permanent positions.
An eligibility list may be established.
The next exciting step in your administrative career!
The Primary Care Division sets the foundation for the delivery of high quality health services by establishing patient centered health services policy for the delivery of provincial health care services. The division monitors quality assurance in the system, designs service delivery models that meet the needs of patients and works with service delivery partners on key actions and quality improvement initiatives.
To provide a variety of office administrative, secretarial and financial support services for the branch and coordinate the day to day priorities of the Executive Director and/or Directors, including providing liaison with ministry executive offices.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Health Administration, Social Sciences, Economics or a related field and a minimum of 4 years in each progressive, recent and related experience* OR
- Diploma in Public Administration, Business Administration, Health Administration, Social Sciences, Economics or a related field and a minimum of 5 years in each progressive, recent and related experience* OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience and a minimum of 6 years in each progressive, recent and related experience.
* Progressive and recent and related experience must include:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing quality improvement performance monitoring frameworks and management processes.
- Demonstrated experience providing analysis, advice, and recommendations relating to quality assurance or quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in program evaluation and performance management theories, principles, models, and related systems/technologies.
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation.
- Experience providing briefing documents.
- Experience providing advice and recommendations to senior officials.
- Experience in project management, strategic planning processes, and issues management.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Health Administration, Social Sciences, Economics, or a related field and a minimum of 3years in each progressive, recent and related experience.
- Health and/or Social Sciences background/experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Administrative Services, Policy, Research and Economics
Job Profile-Sr Quality Improvement Analyst