Would you like to belong to one of the brightest business teams in North America? A tight-knit group of some of the best digital entrepreneurs, coders, and pay-per-clickers on earth. They’re Yoda-smart. They love what they do. And they’re using their genius to make the world a better place. If you’ve got the chops… this isn’t a job… it’s a launchpad for a lifetime of success.
We know you’ll thrive in our supportive atmosphere. You see, in most workplaces, you can find at least a few caring colleagues… but at AlgaeCal, it’s part of the culture. Every day you’ll be surrounded by some of the most supportive teammates you’ll ever meet. They’ll help you set ambitious goals. They’ll appreciate your hard work. They’ll feast with you on Fridays (yeah, we do that), and they’ll party with you in Mexico! More about that below, but first – here’s who we are…
At AlgaeCal, we’re driven by a single idea. To end the fear of bone loss. It’s a big mission. In the United States, an estimated 54 million people have fragile bones. And they’re scared. Scared of snapping a bone. Scared of being forced to quit their favorite hobbies. And worst of all, scared of losing their independence.
The good news? AlgaeCal has the world’s only clinically-backed natural solution to this problem. We help thousands of people say goodbye to fear, fracture, and frailty. If that excites you, you’ll find no better place to continue your career than at AlgaeCal.
We’re growing so quickly that we need a new Administrative Assistant to join our team!
If you’re great with numbers, enjoy working on spreadsheets, and you like variety in your workday – you will love this job. You’ll be using Google Sheets every day – so you’ll need to be comfortable with functions and macros. Beyond that? You may perform step-by-step testing for our marketing campaigns one day and QA’ing critical company dashboards the next. You’ll be pouring over data reports, approving new members to our Facebook Community, and keeping a watchful eye on our systems and applications.
To crush it in this role you must be eager to learn how processes work and motivated to fix them when they don’t. We are looking for someone with passion and drive, who can ensure that our standard of excellence is maintained on our website and in our office.
In other words – you’ll be the x-ray eyes of our company. Using your analytical knowhow to help us see how effectively we’re helping people say “goodbye” to the fear of bone loss.
Additional responsibilities of daily operations may include:
- Process electronically uploaded data, entering documents with precision and accuracy and researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Analysing data and creating reports with Google Data Studio.
- Create, edit, and update spreadsheets.
- Help with picking, packing, and shipping – ensuring inventory is accurately accounted for.
- Creating shipping labels.
- Testing our company phone line.
- Creating tickets for developers to fix issues.
- Perform ad hoc admin duties or projects.
Attention to detail is critical! We are counting on you to identify trends in our data. And to notice problems before our customers do.
Other Qualities You’ll Need
At AlgaeCal we’re going to insist that you have these 3 qualities:
- You’re humble-you put the team and others’ needs ahead of your own
- You’re hungry to learn more
- You’re people smart-in the sense that you’re a great teammate
The truth is, if you don’t have these qualities you won’t last long at AlgaeCal. So if you’re missing one of them, be honest. Save yourself a lot of headaches and skip to a job posting that is a better fit for you.
What Will You Earn?
Starting salary for the Administrative Assistant position is $40,000 and can range up to $42,000 depending on your past experience and expertise.
- A brand new, beautiful workspace in the heart of the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood complete with Mac-ecosystems and convertible standing desks
- Weekly family style team lunches with tasty, home-cooked food
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- Monthly team events and activities
- Annual team trip (most recently, Los Cabos, Mexico!) which you are eligible for after one year of employment. This amounts to another week of paid vacation, plus we cover hotel, food, flights and entertainment.
- Pet-friendly office (furry co-workers!)
- Flexible Stat Holidays with the option to bank days for later use
- Work-From-Home-Wednesdays (available after 6 months of employment)
- Casual dress code
How To Apply
So, do you have what it takes to become the next member of team AlgaeCal?
Job opportunities like this don’t come along often, and we’ve got a lot to offer our successful applicant. So, to make sure our future Administrative Assistant is the real-deal, will be a great fit, and will thrive at AlgaeCal, we ask a little more than your run-of-the-mill job application:
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. Please, read carefully:
1. Write a cover letter addressing:
- Why you’re the best Administrative Assistant for this role. Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
- Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1deCCJZ6tiDiOSlr_W0UdCuM_V_ahzPBs/view
- What’s the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
2. Explain what you’re doing now for a job:
- If you don’t have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
3. Upload your cover letter and resume:
- Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it’s our way of selecting the best-and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.
Click the “Apply Now” button on this page and upload your cover letter and resume.
***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume in one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be read!
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.