New customer account initiation. Performs collections of delinquent accounts by contacting customers via phone, email, & fax. Fields incoming calls from customers and sales representatives. Resolves issues with incorrect billing amounts and purchase orders. Minimizes financial risk to the organization by assessing and advising on creditworthiness of prospective and existing customers.
- Processing new customer account setups, ensuring completeness of data and apt turnaround.
- Determining creditworthiness of new customers, gathering and processing client’s credit data while assessing risk.
- Reviewing billable orders and processing said orders to invoicing, distributing invoices accordingly.
- Depositing cheques to the bank and reviewing bank statements for accurate cash application.
- Revoking client credit limits where applicable, reviewing overdue amounts and applying credit holds where necessary.
- Distributing monthly client statements.
- Monitoring AR subledger, coordinating with customers for timely collections on open receivables.
- Addressing client inquiries, coordinating internally with the order entry team, ensuring all necessary corrections are processed with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Performing account reconciliations, where necessary, ensuring that client records coincide with internal records and vice versa.
- Driving Process Improvements and participating in Daily/Visual Management.
- Managing Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) by Customer and driving DSO improvements year over year.
- Actively collaborating with Customer Service/Sales and/or Operations, if needed, to drive execution of collections.
- Supporting the accounting team with variance reporting, developing Excel spreadsheets and other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Assisting the broader Transactional team and Financial Reporting team as required.
Measures of Performance
- Cash Collections Target
- Daily Payable Outstanding
- Standard Account Setup Turnaround
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors:
- Quality First – The ability to plan and execute work that is accurate, complete, timely and reliabl=e. Integrity is never compromised.
- Teamwork – The ability to work collaboratively with customers, suppliers and fellow associates at all levels towards mutual objectives. Maintains a blameless environment by focusing on issues rather than seeking to find who is at fault.
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Results Orientation – Has the ability to drive results in the short and long term
- Customer Focus – Builds and sustains positive and collaborative relationships with customers (internally and externall
- Adapting to change – Has the ability to effectively adapt to work in an environment of change, uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting, Business or related field.
- 2-3 years of Accounts Receivable or related experience.
- Experience processing progress billing is an asset.
- Above average computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with ERP systems is an asset.
- Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team work ethic and the ability to effectively work with different personality traits.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ensuring the precision and integrity of data.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, working both independently and in a team setting.
Is this You?
You are a passionate self-starter who is interested in a challenging, results-driven position. You have a desire to join a fast-growing, customer-focused company making big waves in the water space. You enjoy helping people, people like and trust you, and you thrive in a team environment. Dive In – Have Impact.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture! These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values!
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.