Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Business Unit: Finance
Department: Superior Propane
Date published: 01-Feb-2021
Ref #: 1821
Description and Requirements
Reporting directly to the Supervisor Credit and Collections, the Accounts Receivable Analyst will manage a portfolio of customer accounts, ensuring they remain within established credit limits and provide payment on a regular and timely basis. The Collections Representative will be responsible for contacting customers within their portfolio to request and collect the payment of outstanding account balances to achieve pre-determined collection targets.
- Effectively manage an assigned portfolio of Non Residential customer accounts ensuring they remain within established credit limits and provide payment on a regular and timely basis.
- Contacting customers to request payment of overdue accounts and manage financial exposure at the same time keeping operational requirements in mind to not limit the growth opportunity. Review the held orders report on a daily basis to determine which companies can get new orders based on the receivables and risk factors
- Resolve customer billing inquires related to Account Receivable questions and disputes by providing supporting invoices, delivery slips, etc. When necessary liaison with sale team, Key Account Managers and Territory Account Managers, and/or the National Operations Center to resolve customer issues
- Reconcile customer accounts and payments (many crossing multiple bill to’s), cross reference and match payments to outstanding invoices and updated account information. (this needs to be moved to line two as it is a major part of the commercial analysts role)
- Follow up on promises to pay and final demands.
- Working closely with Market staff to prevent and manage Bad Debt exposure
- When necessary process:
- Bad Debt Write-Offs
- Minor Write-Offs
- Requests of Refunds
- Bankruptcy Proof of Claim
- Apply a strong customer service focus and promote use and enhancement of customer retention processes.
- Work with receivers, trustees during court ordered protection periods
- Process the proof of claims in order to register of claim with the various governing bodies.
- Refer any sales leads and program offerings to the appropriate sales group.
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- One (1) to three (3) years previous accounts receivable experience, preferably in a telephone contact environment.
- Understanding of accounting practices.
- Works collaborative as a positive contribution team member as well as independently.
- Strong customer service skills that are supported by strong oral communication skills.
- Strong, clear and persuasive communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail required ensuring accuracy on all related information.
- Computer literate, specifically Microsoft Office’s Outlook and Excel is required.
- Previous experience with JDE EnterpriseOne will be an asset.
- Fluency in French/English, an asset
If you are interested in becoming part of the Superior Propane family, please apply online.
Here at Superior Propane we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment & selection process, we encourage you to connect with us at [email protected] to let us know how we can enhance your experience.
Share this job:
Share with Facebook Share with LinkedIn Share with Twitter Share with Viadeo Share with a friend via e-mail