Cask Global Canning Solutions is experiencing significant growth – and we need you! If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals then this could be the right opportunity for you. Cask has been providing innovative and affordable canning solutions to the world’s craft beverage market since 2002. Using our systems our customers are bringing their craft beer, cider, wine, cold brewed coffee, kombucha and other creative craft beverages to the market in cans.
Using your experience in accounting, you will code invoices, obtain approvals, track payments, and ensure the accuracy of our records.
Due to the volume of and complexity of our invoices, it is important that you get fired up about accuracy, and excel at attention to detail, organization, time management, and be a real self-starter when it comes to problem solving. A small error-either in inputting data or an email to a supplier -can result in big problems down the line.
- Code invoices and distribute to authorized approvers.
- Create batches of AP invoices in Sage for review and posting.
- Three-way match (packing slips/receiving slips/invoice) for MiSys invoices and posting in MiSys.
- Create cheque run and provide cheques and supporting documents for signatures.
- Create electronic payment batches and provide for set up in online banking.
- Staff expenses received by end of day Tuesday are processed and payments issued by end of same week.
- Reconcile AP clearing accounts on a regular basis.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain supplier account reconciliations and be ready to Deliver Awesome customer service when required.
- Take ownership of supplier relationships by identifying issues and working through resolution, involving other members of the Cask team if necessary.
- Create adjustment as required (vendor returns).
- Work closely with procurement in monitoring supplier balances, and payment terms.
You are a perfect fit for this role if you are:
Service-oriented: You understand what it means to support a team that is already delivering exceptional customer service. You are a strong communicator, you care about the details, you are organized and accountable in the delivery of your job.
Teamwork with personal hustle: You will be excited to support a broad group of teammates from all departments. You are ready to take ownership of Accounts Payable and have the precision and motivation necessary to help your department run smoothly.
Resourceful: To be successful in this entrepreneurial environment you will have a high degree of energy, accountability, and sense of urgency. The best candidate for this role will do more than keep great records and process invoices: they will develop working strategies for reducing financial risks, especially those related outstanding payments and payment schedules.
Courageous Adaptability: You will be someone who looks for new approaches to solve old problems and will be willing to dig in to find the right solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance.
- Intermediate level expertise with MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Strong communication skills are essential as this role will be working with all cross-sections of the organization.
- Experience with Sage 300 would be an asset.
Working at Cask Global Canning Solutions
This is a full-time, permanent role based in Calgary, AB, with a competitive salary based on experience. Cask offers a lucrative bonus program based on individual and company performance. Cask also offers a comprehensive group benefits package (health, dental, etc.), a pension matching program and 3 weeks’ vacation.
You will be joining an organization of about 80 people, which means that all your hard work is going to get noticed! Despite our incredible success and recent expansion, we still have the feel of a small family business, and you will see that from day one.