Accounting Analyst (CPA) – Foreign Desk
Recognized as one of the best employers in Montréal and always looking for new talent, Richter is one of the largest independent accounting and consulting firms in Canada. Our firm stands out from the other accounting firms because of the level of commitment and collaboration of its employees, who are the foundation of its success.
Richter’s Assurance Division currently has an opportunity for an Accountant/Analyst at its Foreign Desk.
The role offers career advancement opportunities as well as the chance to work in a group specialized in serving the subsidiaries of international groups.
A day in the life of an Accounting Analyst:
- Prepare Notice to Readers (NTR) financial statements.
- Assess accounting policies used by the entity and identify departures from GAAP.
- Determine adjustments (accruals, amortization, etc.) for NTR statements and propose accounting entries.
- Assist in determining accounting entries to record more complex corporate transactions.
- Prepare financial statements for all companies in a related party group and ensure intercompany transactions and accounts are correctly recorded.
- Identify business, accounting and tax issues impacting the business in the course of preparing year-end reports and statements.
- Complete corporate and personal tax returns (T1, T2).
- Prepare T4/T5s, NR4, etc.
- Assess and prepare foreign reporting requirements and information returns of non-arm’s length transactions with non-residents (T1134, T1135, T106).
- Assess compliance with sales tax (GST/HST, QST) and payroll regulations.
- Be attentive to tax issues specific to Canadian companies which are subsidiaries of foreign companies.
- Assist clients on bookkeeping matters (best practices, accrual accounting, regulatory compliance, internal controls) in conjunction with year-end engagements.
- Analyze client bookkeeping to ensure compliance with regulatory authorities (personal expenses, taxable income adjustments, payroll matters).
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- CPA professional designation, an asset
- Experience in an accounting firm, an asset
- Bilingual (written and spoken)
- Good tax knowledge
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a strong team player
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of Quickbooks online, an asset
- Knowledge of Caseware/Caseview and Taxprep, an asset
What Richter offers
Our Montréal office is conveniently located on McGill College Avenue. We offer our employees regular volunteer opportunities and organize various team-building activities and social events. We encourage the members of our team to continue to develop professionally, and we reimburse them for training.
We also offer a competitive compensation package, group insurance, a retirement savings plan, an employee and family assistance program, a health and well-being program, as well as professional development opportunities.