Join the TELUS Medium Business- Sales team!
Join our team
Here’s a chance to join one of the leading sales organizations in Canada. Bring your proven sales experience, business acumen and strategic insight to our high performing, customer-first sales environment to help us grow our Medium Business’ sales.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a TELUS Account Manager for Business Solutions, you will own sales execution, responsible for proactively building relationships within Medium Business accounts. Your goal will be to increase TELUS presence, focusing on transformational technology solutions aligned to our client’s core business objectives. Services such as wireline, wireless and Business Connect all need to be addressed and explored within the client’s business strategies.
Here’s What WE Believe:
- We are ONE team: Team selling is the norm and we celebrate each other’s wins
- We challenge the status quo: We challenge our customers to accelerate their business
- We live up to our commitments: To ourselves, our friends, family, peers, leaders, customers and we strive to make a real difference in the communities where we work, live and play
- Our success is all about how we do things: How we think, solve problems, deliver value & communicate
The Account Manager for TELUS Medium Business (MB) will foster confident, independent action and initiative, with a sense of urgency and the ability to make decisions. Your responsibilities will be broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities, requiring rapid shifts in priorities. You will develop and drive account strategy, build strategic alliances, and manage relationships within TELUS’ small & medium customer base, 30-150 employees.
Account Managers lead 2 key business objectives:
- Selling TELUS wireless & wireline solutions
- Seeking and identifying areas for new and expanded customer growth
These objectives are accomplished through targeted prospecting, hunting, and closing. Our highest performing team members react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them.
This is a challenging Inside Sales Specialist position made up of equal parts independence and collaboration.
As an Inside Sales Specialist, you are a self-starter, someone who will prospect, search and close opportunities targeting business clients that operate within the Medium Business space with less than 150 employees.
With your creativity you constantly and actively prospect to find potential MB customers, 30-150 employees, to aggressively grow the TELUS SMB customer base.
You will build and maintain your client base, and consistently deliver on monthly sales targets and quotas.
- Promote and sell wireless & wireline services and Business Connect over the phone and by using technology tools
- Actively prospect for potential Small & Medium Business Solutions customers, 30-150 employees
- Build trust, loyalty and solid long-term relationships with key decision-makers
- Understand current and prospective customers’ communication needs, business issues, and buying motives
- Conducts “needs analysis” for clients’ wireless & wireline services
- Deliver the right solution for clients’ evolving business requirements with prompt and efficient service
- Own executive-level client relationships, strategic business planning and service delivery
- Negotiation & entering into contractual agreements in accordance with TELUS’ policy and procedures
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts, funnel hygiene, target/objective updates to deliver on all territory plans and team annual targets
- Utilize client business plan to create account plans
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by leading the account team to drive real and long standing business value
- Positively represent TELUS values at work and in the community
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Technical Business-to-Business (B2B) sales knowledge
- Excellent communication skills adapted to virtual type of sales
- Ability to think and act strategically, including navigation through all levels of a client or prospect organization
- Selecting and qualifying profitable opportunities
- Ability to deliver on growth and profitability
- Demonstrated success managing both short and long-term selling cycles while effectively and consistently applying a multi-step selling process/methodology
- Evidence of selling and effectively managing customer relationships
- 2-5+ years of successful sales experience, IT or telecommunications industry
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience; sales experience blended with new business development
- Experience with, or an affinity for, volunteerism and community involvement
- Knowledge of the telecommunications and/or Information Technology (IT) industry
- Solution selling or customer-centric sales methodology knowledge & experience
As Canada’s fastest-growing and most engaged national telecommunications company we are always doing ridiculously cool and innovative things with emerging technologies, like investing in big data, advancing the Internet of Things (IoT) and working on connecting our customers to their car, home and life. We are also taking on one of the biggest social challenges of our lifetime by leveraging technology to transform the healthcare system across the country.
Every day, we seamlessly keep individual, businesses and communities connected to the people and information that matters most to them. You can help us build and strengthen those connections. Join our team and together we will shape the future of work.
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.