Campbell Company of Canada
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
At Campbell Company of Canada, we believe that exceptional people truly make a difference and together we aim for a legacy of accomplishment second to none. We’ve made a career of searching for the best and the brightest professionals at every level and in every specialty. Powered by a challenger mindset, our employees move with purpose, lead with integrity, and are truly passionate about what they do to bring our purpose to life Real food that matters for life’s moments.
We have an exciting opportunity on our Retail Sales Team for a Account Development Manager. This role is based out of our Mississauga location and responsible for managing our Shoppers Drug Mart and Fortinos businesses.
Specific accountabilities of this role:
Execute the development, planning, and implementation of Campbell’s business strategies and tactics to increase distribution, sales and maximize profits. While holding responsibility for the creation of long-term, trusted relationships, providing account specific business plans with the goal of achieving account targets.
Account Management/Customer Development
- Develop and implement an annual business plan to capitalize on profitable sales opportunities and achieve year-over-year sales growth objectives
- Develop business plans covering unit volume, revenue, market share, and product mix.
- Responsible for account profit & loss (P&L) including promotional spend, pricing strategies and innovation mix impact
- Develop accurate monthly volume forecast
- Manage account product distribution and fill listing gaps where required
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to develop account specific marketing programs to increase display, shelf space and drive sell thru
- Collaborate with marketing and shopper marketing teams with development of marketing strategies and advertising plans, and ensure execution against the brand strategies at the retailer
- Develop retail merchandising plans and work collaboratively with Field Sales to ensure that all activities are executed with excellence
Category Management/Business Planning
- Conduct regular reviews of business performance and collaborate with accounts to develop and execute Joint Business Plans
- Develop customer level merchandising activation plans for each key brand initiative
- Achieve Display, Sales, Merchandising and Promotions objectives to attain share growth
- Lead the customer in the execution/application of category recommendation, business planning, scorecard development/tracking and plan evaluations
- Managing customer P&L to optimize customer profitability
- Analyze promotional costing prior to implementation to ensure appropriate return on investment
- Manage customer trade spend within company guidelines
- Manage internal planning tool to ensure customer investment is properly reflected to enable accurate reporting on volume and spend balances
- Ad hoc financial and data analysis, including pre/post event analysis and impact of retail merchandising coverage
- Participate and/or lead various organizational projects/initiatives with cross functional partners, as development and training experiences
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration or Marketing
- 1-3 years sales experience (consumer packaged goods industry an asset)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Effective customer presentation skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, strategic thinker, strong business and financial acumen and proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional understanding of Excel with experience using Microsoft Power Point and Word documents
- High energy self-starter as well as collaborative team player
- Understanding of consumer and industry trends
Employee Life at Campbell:
At Campbell, we believe in empowering people by providing the tools and knowledge that they need to manage and balance their professional and personal lives. The benefit programs for employees at Campbell have been designed to support this philosophy. In addition to the core health insurance plans that we offer there are many extras including:
- Company-Paid Pension Plan
- Education Assistance Program
- Children’s Scholarship Programs
- Reimbursement for Professional Fees
- Best Doctors Membership
- Vacation Purchase Program
- On-site Fitness Center with a dedicated Fitness Consultant
- Wellness Workshops
- Newly renovated, bright building with many collaborative workspaces and skype-enabled conference rooms
- Stocked coffee bar
- Flexible Work
Employee Development at Campbell:
There are multiple facets to Campbell Company of Canada’s employee development program. We believe that every employee should have the opportunity to learn and grow to the maximum of his/her potential and that the best learning and development experiences are provided through challenges on-the-job. We encourage our employees to work with their managers to develop a learning and development plan. Together this will lead to helping our employees “do their best work every day”.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume online at: http://www.campbellsoup.ca/en-ca/about-us/careers
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Campbell…Real Food that Matters for Life’s Moments.
Where icon brands thrive.
People are valued.
And you can make a difference.
Campbell Company of Canada is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment and selection process based on the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked and we will do our best to meet your needs.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.