This phone based account management role is responsible for growing and retaining a portfolio of Small Medium Enterprise -Small Business and Corporate Clients. Developing consultative B2B relationships focused on driving incremental growth to all accounts. Focus on generating growth and building opportunities to expand and sustain charge volume whilst maintaining and improving business relationships in a team environment, promoting our brand.
You will achieve results through working with various internal and external partners at all levels of the organization, and thoroughly understanding and deploying effective customer management strategies.
- Accomplish and exceed 100% Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Lead, grow and retain Small Medium Enterprise -Small Business and Corporate Clients portfolio
- Track and report on performance including multiple pipelines and activities using SalesForce.com
- Identify new opportunities with existing Clientele and maintain a balanced pipeline
- Drive engagement and maximize spend opportunities by gaining an in-depth understanding of a customer’s B2B expense management process and identifying key suppliers through obtaining Accounts Payable documentation.
- Analyze and develop negotiations based on consultancy and diagnosis to detect Client needs and expand opportunities and increase Charge volume
- Conduct research and utilize knowledge of the competitive landscape and internal tools to build defensive / offensive strategies to engage/retain cardmembers
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to identify growth opportunities, problem solve and increase cardmember spend
- Develop authentic relationships with Clients with active listening and open communication
- Utilize all necessary tools to Influence and positively impact discussions with cardmembers and internal contacts to maximize spend opportunities and drive engagement.
- Keep up-to-date on products, competition in the financial services space, and relevant developments in target industries (financial, manufacturing and construction, etc).
- Develop key internal relationships with Risk Management, Commercial Underwriting, Call Centre Operations, Global Business Management Partners and Global Merchant Services
- Helps manage the relationship between customers and American Express to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability and retention.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in consultative selling and account management in an outbound phone-based environment. B2B experience an asset.
- University/College graduate or equivalent combination of education and meaningful business experience.
- Ability to network through complex organizational structures to uncover product and process improvement opportunities.
- Strong probing skills, communication skills, presentation skills and an ability to deliver a compelling message as within the Small Medium Enterprise in the payments industry
- A true challenger who teaches new insights to differentiate Amex solutions, tailors messages for resonance and takes control of the buying process by clearly articulating the risk of not moving forward
- An ability to maintain composure handling corporate customer issues, with a strong focus on quality service delivery, using resources and following-up.
- High levels of initiative, self motivation and effective time management
- Strong analytical, financial and general business acumen. C-level exposure an asset.
- Prior experience/knowledge in payment industry is an asset
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel Skills
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.