The NPD Group
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Canada Foodservice – Account Associate, Client Development
Do you have your pulse on the ever-changing Foodservice industry? Are you naturally curious and analytical? Would you like to make data-driven recommendations to inform the business strategies of Canada’s leading restaurant and food manufacturing brands? If so, NPD is looking for an Account Associate that has a passion for Foodservice.
The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful organizations with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
As an Account Associate you will be responsible for analyzing NPD’s Foodservice sales data and collecting other industry information to help drive insights and uncover emerging industry trends. You will learn to leverage NPD’s data and analytics tools to help our clients solve their business issues and optimize their strategies.
The position is based in Toronto, ON Canada.
- Support the Client Development team to ensure overall client satisfaction with prompt service, data insights and actionable recommendations.
- Generate monthly deliverables and ad hoc data reports by using NPD’s proprietary analysis tools and databases.
- Interpret data and articulate findings in a compelling, story-driven manner.
- Design, build, and update PowerPoint presentations and Excel reports for our clients or industry engagements.
- Support the team’s industry knowledge by identifying trends and emerging industry news.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in market research, client service, sales, finance or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success in data analysis, report and presentation development and delivery of error-free work.
- An analytical mindset with a drive to dig into data and find compelling actionable business insights.
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to bring insights to life with concise, captivating storytelling.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong team orientation and naturally curious.
- Experience with POS or consumer data experience extremely helpful.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in all MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- College or University degree/diploma – preference for an education in Marketing, Retail Market Research, Market Research, or Business.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.