5G NR Software Developer
Remote Ottawa Canada – until our location re-opens in Ottawa
From applied research to advanced engineering, Dell’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions. It’s a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation. And you will work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a software Developer on our 5G team in Ottawa.
What you’ll achieve
The 5G NR software Developer will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered Ottawa R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Dell for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution.
The candidate for this role will have experience in telco industry, building carrier grade software; prefer with some experience in embedded SW development, OAM SW solution (FCAPS, Logging, OMS, debug tools, NW simulation), and/or 4G/5G RAN development and/or EMS (element management system) development.
- Develop 5G NR Software from customer requirements to delivery.
- Participate in creation and review of design document that will drive the implementation of the 5G NR Software
- Implement and unit test key features in functional areas such as OAM and CU, per implementation plans and design documents
- Work to identify and drive improvements, integration and test automation
- Work closely with the verification group to ensure the completeness, quality and performance of the implemented 5G NR functionality
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Effective team player, willingness to help build a collaborative and trusting community
- Desire to learn and innovate while building quality product
- Experience with Telco SW development
- Experience with OAM or 5G RAN software development is an asset
- Good understanding of Cloud Native Development Pipeline principles and tools – CI/CD (DevOps), Jenkins
- C++ Experience Preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Understanding of 3GPP and ORAN specifications
- preferably with hands on 4G/5G SW development experience and experience in delivering Carrier grade OAM solution.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.