5G NodeB Test and Automation Senior Developer
Initially remote until our Ottawa location re-opens
Dell is looking for a NodeB Test and Automation Senior Developer to take part in a once in a career opportunity to be part of building something from scratch and shepherding it into the marketplace.
The NodeB Test and Automation Senior Developer will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered Ottawa R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Dell for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will have experience in a test and verification role in a 4G/5G development organization.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company – we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From applied research to advanced engineering, Dell’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions. It’s a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation. And you will work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- With team management develop an overall Test Strategy for the gNodeB (CU, DU and RU) platform
- Work with the 5G CU, DU and RU development teams to develop an overall Test Plan to validate the functionality, quality and performance of the 5G CU, DU and RUs.
- Identify and implement opportunities to take advantage of test automation strategies and tools/frameworks
- Coordinate development of subsystem component Test Plans with junior gNodeB Verification Testers
- Develop a suite of Test Cases that satisfy the requirements outlined in the Test Plan
- Automate the test cases and provide scalable and stable test cases and environments such that tests can be run with every submission
- Work with the CU, DU and RU Development Teams to communicate, and ensure a mutual understanding of the results of the Test Case execution
- Collaborate with the CU, DU and RU Development Teams as solutions are being worked to suggest possible fix paths and to maximize the possibility of success during second pass testing of failed test cases
- Re-test failed test cases when fixes are available and capture the results
- Close the loop with the CU, DU and RU Development Teams on the results of re-testing
- Mentor junior gNodeB Verification Testers
- Experience in a 4G/5G Verification team
- Experience in automation and deployment into CI/CD environments
- Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a team focused mentality
6+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to be at the forefront of driving world-class technology innovation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here