5G Layer 2 Software Developer
Remote until our facilities open in Ottawa
Dell is looking for a Layer 2 Software Developer to take part in a once in a career opportunity to be part of building something from scratch and shepherd it into the marketplace.
The 5G Layer 2 Software Developer will be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Dell for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will have experience in a development role in a 4G/5G development organization.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company – we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a5G Layer 2 Software Developer on our team in Ottawa.
From applied research to advanced engineering, the Engineering Technologist team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material and processes. It’s a fascinating field of work. We’re involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies and generating intellectual property. We lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Our insights influence product architecture and definitions. And we work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- Implement and test key Layer 2 features, algorithms and integrate them with the CU and RU and other features in the DU
- Capture agreements in a design document that will drive the implementation of the DU & other L2 SW
- Hold reviews to get closure in order to finalize the DU design document & L2 Functionality in other system elements
- Implement functional areas of the DU & other L2 SW, per the implementation plan
- Work closely with the verification group to ensure the completeness, quality and performance of the implemented Layer 2 functionality
- Experience in a 4G/5G development team
- Knowledge of 3GPP and ORAN standards and interfaces
- Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a team focused mentality
- 3+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Knowledge and experience in 4G and 5G Layer 2 protocols and standards
C/C++ programming experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to be at the forefront of driving world-class technology innovation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.