5G Layer 2 Senior Software Developer
Remote until our facilities open in Ottawa
Dell is looking for a Layer 2 Senior Software Developerto take part in a once in a career opportunity to be part of building something from scratch and shepherding it into the marketplace.
The 5G Layer 2 Senior Software Developerwill be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high poweredOttawa R&D team.The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Dell for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution.
The candidate for this role will have experiencein a development role in a 4G/5G development organization.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company – we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From applied research to advanced engineering, Dell’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions. It’s a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation. And you will work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- Work with team management and other development and test groups to develop an implementation plan and design for the 5G L2 software
- Work with network core, CU and RU teams to define interfaces and functional splits. Define and architect solutions allowing for scalability of Layer 2, CU & DU solutions for various RAN deployments
- Work with management to drive an Agile culture and environment
- Capture agreements in a design document that will drive the implementation of the DU & other L2 SW
- Hold reviews to get closure in order to finalize the DU design document & other L2 design docs.
- Work with management to establish implementation assignments for SW developers
- Implement functional areas of the DU & L2, per the implementation plan
- Work closely with the verification group to ensure the completeness, quality and performance of the implemented DU & L2 functionality
- Mentor less experienced DU & L2 developers
- Experience working in a 4G/5G development team; DU & 4G/5G Layer 2 experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in 4G and 5G layer 2 protocols and standards
- Knowledge of 3GPP and ORAN standards and interfaces
- Be an organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a team focused mentality
6+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to be at the forefront of driving world-class technology innovation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .