5G gNodeB OAM Senior Developer
Remote until our location re-opens in Ottawa
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company – we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Dell is looking for an EmbeddedOAM Senior Developerto take part in a once in a career opportunity to be part of building something from scratch and shepherding it into the marketplace.
The OAM Senior Developerwill be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up, high poweredOttawa R&D team.The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Dell for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will have experience with building carrier grade Embedded OAM solution (FCAPS, Logging, OMS, debug tools), prefer with 4G/5G development and/or EMS (element management system) development experience.
From applied research to advanced engineering, Dell’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions. It’s a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation, all while you will work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- Implement, and test key OAM features, algorithms and integrate them with the gNB and EMS systems
- Capture agreements in design documents that will drive the implementation of theOAMSoftware
- Hold reviews to get closure in order to finalize the OAM design document
- Implement and unit test functional areas of the OAM, per the implementation plan
- Design and implement simulation and automation tools to enhance development velocity
- Work closely with the verification group to ensure the completeness, quality and performance of the implemented OAMfunctionality
- Experience in a Telco SW developmentteam; OAMexperience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in cloud and container solutions, standards and implementations
- Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a team focused mentality
- C++ experience preferred
- Understand Agile practice
Typically requires 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience; preferably with hands on 4G/5G SW development experience and experience in delivering Carrier grade OAM solution.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to be at the forefront of driving world-class technology innovation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .