Are you ready to create the 5G future?
At 5G Baseband System Management our main task is to specify the wanted behavior of advanced radio network functions for the 5G NR RAN. We also engage in 3GPP standardization, develop and use simulators to optimize signal processing algorithms, develop baseband architectures, collect and analyze data from customer networks and perform troubleshooting.
We are looking for a Radio Network Systems Engineer that will join our excellent team in Ottawa and work with the signal processing, radio communication, development of 5G-software simulations, supporting the deployment of our new 5G products, and much, much more!
- Perform systems studies in the area of Radio Physical Layer for radio functions like Beam Forming, Massive MIMO, Carrier Aggregation, Fast Cell Coordination
- Develop novel algorithms including AI and ML
- Specify new 5G system features and functions, including requirements, test cases, algorithms, use cases, parameter settings and address any interactions with legacy features and functionality
- Develop software simulations for the performance analysis of 5G features and algorithms, primarily link-level, but also network-level simulation
- Drive continuous improvements of products, simulation tools and processes
- Contribute to advances of 5G Standards. Update our Statement of Compliance to relevant standards
- Contribute to Innovation and Ericsson IPR. File Invention disclosures and Patents
- Support 5G system verification and perform analysis of test results
- Support the deployment of new 5G products and features into customer networks. Work with Customer troubleshooting and analysis. Understand customer configurations and issues
- Work collaboratively on new features, simulations and improvements with cross-functional development teams situated locally as well as worldwide
To be successful in the role you must have
- Strong background in communications theory and digital signal processing
- Strong knowledge of LTE & NR 3GPP specifications, especially in the areas of the Physical Layer, Radio Resource Management and Mobility
- Experience in SW development for Link and Network Simulations. Languages include: Java, C and C++
- Familiarity with applying Machine Learning techniques for field performance improvements
- Experience in the software development and analysis of simulations (knowledge of simulation environments and tools like MATLAB would be an asset)
- Analytical mindset and result orientation to deliver even when under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and manage many different projects at once
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written, providing effective communication building positive relationships internally as well as externally
- High level of motivation, as well as being a self-starter or a team player as needed
- M. Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area, preferably with proven experience and knowledge in the above mentioned required skills areas
We encourage you to apply!
What’s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) Ottawa ProdMgt
Job Segment: Developer, Systems Engineer, Embedded, Java, Programmer, Technology, Engineering