Your program’s highlights
Change the face of banking. Influence tomorrow. The Summer Analyst Program is a 9-week program that provides excellent exposure to business and the financial services industry. Whether you’re working alongside a Full-Time Analyst or staffed as the only Analyst on a deal team, our summer program gives you the tools you’ll need to jump start your career in finance and investment banking. Responsibilities may include analyzing companies using financial modeling and valuation techniques, examining the impact of a transaction on a client’s capital structure, advising the initial price for an IPO and evaluating the consequences of a merger or acquisition.
- A one-day company orientation followed by a week of training
- Ongoing training on your desk throughout the summer
- A summer speaker series, where you’ll hear from senior line representatives across the divisions
- Mentorship from an assigned mentor within Investment Banking, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
- Social and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. The summer is structured to have a balance of work, social events and networking opportunities.
Your field of responsibility
As a Capital Markets & Advisory Summer Analyst within the Investment Bank division you will gain exposure to the business, learn financial modeling and valuation techniques from experienced professionals, and contribute to innovative deals that are transforming today’s corporate landscape.
You will have the opportunity to develop your analytical skills by using various financial techniques, gain hands-on experience, and interact with external clientele as well as internally across multiple parts of the investment bank.
Your future colleagues
The Calgary office of Credit Suisse is home to the Canada Energy Group, with a primary focus on Oil and Gas. They are dedicated to the coverage of the upstream, midstream, downstream and services sectors. The team is part of the Canada Group and works seamlessly with the Global Energy Group, one of the largest industry coverage groups within the Investment Banking Division. Our international reach offers outstanding opportunities to execute transactions from conception to close, often with a global or cross-border element, which differentiates Credit Suisse from our competitors.
Your qualification and skills
Applicants to this role should be undergraduates at a four-year college or university (graduating in December 2022 or May/June 2023). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks individuals with a common set of abilities – those who are highly motivated, creative, have shown academic achievement, and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. We’ll evaluate your potential, your ability, your academic background and your extra-curricular activities. Our goal is to build future leaders who add new points of view to our business.
- A leader who engenders loyalty, shows dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- An innovator committed to the protection of the environment and acting responsibly towards society
- A critical problem solver with excellent analytical skills
- A hardworking self-starter who achieves significant results
- An encouraging and adaptable team member who can build strong relationships
- An eloquent communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- Principled and committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for hardworking people to make an impact for our clients and communities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.