QNDL Quandl Inc.
The Nasdaq Futures Internship Program provides successful candidates with a unique opportunity to experience a challenging and immersive 10-week internship. As participants in the Nasdaq Futures Internship Program, you will deliver real, impactful work within a business unit. You will work on a defined project and partner with a mentor, network with senior colleagues and present your project at the end of the program. You will also participate in learning & development opportunities as well as “lunch and learn” sessions with senior leaders.
Quandl is transforming how business decisions are made.
Data is the most important resource of the 21st century, and Quandl is at the heart of the emerging data economy. Over the last 5 years, we’ve built the world’s largest and most successful data marketplace: a platform where over 400,000 professionals buy, sell, create and consume data. Quandl today is used by everybody from academics to AIs; from two-person fintech startups to billion-dollar hedge funds.
Technology is at the heart of what we do at Quandl, and our sophisticated data acquisition, discovery and delivery infrastructure is the foundation of our success.
Engineering at Quandl works on the principle of small, focused teams:
- Our data services team builds the data processing infrastructure that ensures that data on Quandl is up to date, accurate and reliable.
- Our web/core services team builds the marketplace, dataviz, payments and user experience components of Quandl as well as the API, libraries, search and permissions infrastructure that underlies all client-facing aspects of the platform.
- We use modern development methodologies with short sprints, careful code review and continuous deployment. We have built out a micro-services architecture using AWS, Rails, Python and EmberJS.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is working on completing a degree in Computer Science, or Software/Computer Engineering, or Information Technology or related field (preferably graduating in 2022 or 2023)
- Is familiar of current HTML, JS and CSS standards
- Has a working knowledge in using Python or Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge in RESTful API creation
- Marketplace: create a smooth, frictionless, delightful experience for users buying and selling data on Quandl
- Analytics: capture, process, analyze and display detailed metrics on all aspects of our data, our customers, and our business
- Visualization: build interfaces for users to explore and visualize large and complex datasets
- API: build rock-solid, high-performance public APIs and libraries that serve billions of data downloads every day for mission-critical applications
This Nasdaq Internship runs for 10 weeks commencing from June to August. To learn more about Campus Life at Nasdaq, please click here.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.