Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD)
All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?
TD’s Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That’s our unique and inclusive culture.
Global Counterparty Credit at TD Securities:
The Global Counterparty Credit group is responsible for implementing and ensuring compliance with credit policies established by the Bank for the management of derivative credit exposures. Through strategic, tactical and risk-oriented teams of professionals, Global Counterparty Credit delivers the highest quality service and expertise to its stakeholders.
Your Summer as a Global Counterparty Credit Analyst:
The Global Counterparty Credit Analyst is part of our team of in-house credit professionals that works closely with the organization’s Sales and Trading team. The Global Counterparty Credit Analyst will gain experience across a wide variety of Financial Institution, Corporate, Institutional and Sovereign clients. The Global Counterparty Credit team is involved with the origination process for the trading business and is responsible for the credit analysis and recommendation of credit/derivative facilities enabling the various trading businesses/desks to transact with counterparties, as well as ad hoc reporting and monitoring of the credit risk profile of TD Securities’ clients that are users of a wide variety of capital market trading products including:
- Derivatives (foreign exchange, interest rate, commodity, equity and credit derivatives)
- Financing products (securities / equities borrowing and lending, and repurchase transactions)
- Money market and fixed income securities (commercial paper, bonds and asset-backed securities).
How You Will Contribute:
- Assist in the preparation and recommendation of high-quality credit submissions for new business proposals, interim and annual reviews.
- Conduct appropriate market, industry and client credit analysis with clearly articulated recommendations on credit decisions and appropriate borrower risk ratings.
- Work closely with other product groups, including TDS Sales and Trading, TDS Cash Management, TDS Trade Finance and other business areas of TD to ensure that credit needs are being met.
- Ongoing monitoring of Counterparty performance and credit exposures, including compliance with authorized credit limits and terms, as well as reporting requirements.
- Identify potential problems requiring attention and recommend appropriate actions to best manage the risks in deteriorating credit situations.
- Contribute to a strong team credit culture by raising issues on credit, reputational and operational risks.
- Provide a high level of client service; develop the client relationship by identifying cross-sell opportunities and coordinating marketing efforts with other business / product groups.
- Ensure that credit arrangements adequately balance the risk and return.
- Graduating in December 2021 or spring/summer 2022 in a business related discipline with high academic standing.
- Enrolment in CFA program is an asset but not required
- Solid understanding of capital markets and treasury/derivative products as well as the inherent market and credit risks
- Strong financial analysis and risk assessment skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-organized, and can prioritize multiple tasks and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be effective in both a team and independent working environment.
- Familiarity with legal documentation including ISDAs, repurchase agreements and loan agreements would be an asset.
- Strong PC skills (credit processing, Moody’s Financial Analyst, Microsoft Word, Excel)
Early Talent Requirements
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.